Under Solen is a Portland-based communications firm with a cause.
Our range of services include:
- Communications consulting
- Content creation: write, copywrite, ghostwrite and edit for websites, social media, film, news outlets and print media
- Media and public relations
- Sponsor relations + connection for brands, causes and adventurers
- Special event planning + promotion
- Photo shoot and film production
- Visual media: engagement with photographers, filmmakers + designers
- Creative development: specializing in nonprofit communications and word-of-mouth branding
- Client relations: account + project management
- Strategic road-maps for brands + causes
- Social media consulting
Please use the contact form on this page to get in touch regarding full list of services and pricing structure.
In 2009, Emily founded Under Solen Media, a Portland-based communications firm with a cause because she believes in the power of compelling media to make positive change. With more than a decade of experience in developing creative communications and media campaigns, she bring an energy and passion to battles worth winning. Emily also works with Wild Salmon Center as their senior communications manager. She also firmly believes that it is possible to change the world, one party at a time. When she’s unplugged, she is known to seek out places where she can get in a good afternoon yoga session or trail run with her dingo-of-a-dog named Woody.
Sami has been creating stories in her head and on paper since she was a small toe-headed child growing up in the wooded backyard of her Pacific Northwest home. As the former managing editor of Wend Magazine and go-to content creator and social media ninja for Under Solen since 2011, she has experience telling a story from any angle, at any word count imaginable. And her skills don’t stop at the pen or keyboard, Sami is now full-on director and strategic advisor for some of Under Solen’s most prominent clients. Sami is most comfortable with a large mug of hot coffee in one hand, and a book in another. She can often be found either nesting at home with her two furry cats or out running muddy trails in the Columbia River Gorge.
Woody keeps Emily on her toes in the Under Solen office by demanding regular morning runs and afternoon walks. He’s also an expert at excited greetings, herding people and other dogs on the trail, strategically placing running shoes and keeping the team upbeat during late-night work sessions with an endless list of tricks, including “throw your hands in the air”.