Under Solen is a Portland-based communications firm with a cause.
Our range of services include:
- Communications consulting
- Content creation: write, copywrite, ghostwrite and edit for websites, social media, film, news outlets and print media
- Media and public relations
- Sponsor relations + connection for brands, causes and adventurers
- Special event planning + promotion
- Photo shoot and film production
- Visual media: engagement with photographers, filmmakers + designers
- Creative development: specializing in nonprofit communications and word-of-mouth branding
- Client relations: account + project management
- Strategic road-maps for brands + causes
- Social media consulting
Please use the contact form on this page to get in touch regarding full list of services and pricing structure.
Emily founded Under Solen Media in 2009, and she is the go-to girl for everything nonprofit and environment related. She also has an uncanny ability to connect the right people with the right brands, causes, and adventures. With a growing collection of decommissioned dam chunks, Emily’s true passion lies working on the frontlines to restore flee-flowing rivers and save wild salmon in the West. When she’s not brainstorming or writing about the environment, she’s out exploring it, and is known to seek out places where she can sneak in a good afternoon yoga session or trail run with her two muffin dogs, Woody and Tammy.
Sami has been creating stories in her head and on paper since she was a small toe-headed child growing up in the wooded backyard of her Pacific Northwest home. As the former managing editor of Wend Magazine and go-to content creator for Under Solen since 2011, she has experience telling a story from any angle, at any word count imaginable. And her skills don’t stop at the pen or keyboard, Sami is now full-on director and strategic advisor for some of Under Solen’s most prominent clients. Sami is most comfortable with a large mug of hot coffee in one hand, and a book in another. She can often be found either nesting at home with her two furry cats or out running muddy trails in the Columbia River Gorge.
Woody keeps Emily on her toes in the Under Solen office by demanding regular morning runs and afternoon walks. He’s also an expert at excited greetings, herding people and other dogs on the trail, strategically placing running shoes and keeping the team upbeat during late-night work sessions with an endless list of tricks, including “throw your hands in the air”.